Indoor Air Quality
Ductwork Services in West Palm Beach, FL
When a homeowner hears the term “HVAC” they’re likely to think about the heating and air conditioning portions of their climate control system, but not necessarily the “V” part of “HVAC,” which stands for “ventilation.” Referred to as your air ducts, or ductwork, this part of your cooling and heating systems is responsible for actually transferring conditioned air from your system through the vents of the various rooms in your home.
Since it’s mostly hidden from sight, it’s hard for you to know if something is wrong with this component of your HVAC system. Fortunately, that’s where the service technicians at Mechanical Air Conditioning come in! From duct testing to locating problem areas in your ventilation system to duct sealing and repair, we’ll take care of your air ducts for you!
Mechanical Air Conditioning is family owned & operated for over 40 years in Palm Beach County. Contact us today for reliable, customer-centered, ductwork services.
The Importance of Professional Duct Testing and Sealing
Professional duct testing is a complex process that requires high-end equipment, plus the appropriate training and experience to use and analyze its data. If you’ve never had your ducts tested before, now is as good a time as any to do so. Be on the lookout for these signs that suggest you need duct testing or sealing:
- High Energy Bills: Duct leakage—that is, air loss through your ductwork—can account for up to a third of the air inside your ventilation system. This means while you’re experiencing less comfort, you’re paying more than you should have to.
- Musty Smell from Your Vents: Duct leakage also draws in air from places like your attic and between walls, which can invite a musty odor into the ventilation system.
- A Decline in Airflow: Check the flow of air coming from your room vents? Is one, or a group of vents, sluggish? It can be because your ductwork is damaged and needs sealing or even repair.
It’s important to remember that duct sealing is something that should be done by a trained professional. You can’t simply just slap some duct tape on your ventilation system and call it a day—actually duct tape is not appropriately named and should never be used on your ductwork at all.
Duct Repair and Replacement in West Palm Beach, FL
Since most of your ductwork is hidden from plain sight, it’s hard to tell when it’s damaged. Just as with ducts that need sealing, an air duct in disrepair does give off signs that something is wrong. High energy bills can be the sign of a small breach, like we mentioned, or it can be a loose or broken connection requiring repair.
Other signs that you might need complete or partial duct repair or replacement include:
- Rattling Noises: Loose ductwork will create a rattling noise when the air conditioner cycles on. Some noise can be expected as your ducts flex with temperature fluctuations, but if those noises are getting louder and louder, it’s time to call in a pro.
- Low Airflow: If your ductwork has become noisier and that’s coupled with low airflow coming from any of your vents, there’s a very good chance that you need duct repair.
Are You in Need of Air Duct Sanitizing?
As important as the structural integrity of your ductwork is, so too is the cleanliness. We offer a range of indoor air quality products and services to ensure that the air you breathe is as healthy and comfortable as possible. This only does so much for the conditions inside your ductwork, however.
Ask our West Palm Beach, FL indoor air quality experts about our duct sanitization services! This is used to help remove bacteria, viruses, and even mold from your ductwork, giving you the peace of mind that the air coming through your vents isn’t going to make you sick.